Toolkit Dependency checker fails on IIS7

Mar 24, 2011 at 1:51 PM

Hi,

When I run the dependency checker, it always fails for the IIS7 check. I do have IIS7 installed and have tried running the install link in the checker as well as uninstalling IIS7 and reinstalling. But after each uninstall/reinstall/reboot, it still fails. I'm running Vista with all current service packs.  Oddly enough, it does detect ASP.NET running in the next step.

I downloaded the toolkit again but running it gave me the same results.

I ended up just running the vsix files directly and they seemed to install fine. Can I assume those packages installed everything I need?

On a side note, I originally tried to send this to waztoolkitwp7@microsoft.com but it bounced back to me with the error:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

waztoolkitwp7@microsoft.com
Your message can't be delivered because delivery to this address is restricted.

Coordinator
Mar 24, 2011 at 6:22 PM

Hello -

Thanks for taking the time to post.  I'm not sure what's going on with the dependency checker, but I also haven't tested it against Vista.  Let me add that to the backlog.  Also, yes, you can install the VSIX files yourself - that's an excellent way to temporarily work around the issue.

Sorry about the alias - for some reason it seems that it's taking longer to provision than I had expected.

Cheers,

Wade

Coordinator
Mar 24, 2011 at 6:24 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2011 at 6:24 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.