Services stall and eventually freeze

May 6, 2011 at 3:23 PM

When I launch the sample app, when I try to access the various azure services in the solution (running in the local emulators) from the browser or from the phone emulator, the app stalls for a long time, and the eventual outcome is sometimes the expected behavior (user registered, logged in or out), or, often the machine freezes (screen goes dark) and eventually crashes (blue screen) - or not.

I once managed to get to the point where I had a registered user, I logged into the phone app, went back to browser and logged in as admin to assign permissions to the user, but then back in the phone app when I tried to create a new table the freezing occured (I thought the machine was going to crash) then recovered and an "Unexpected internal storage client error" was caught in the RoleProviderWrapper class :

at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StorageClient.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result()
   at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StorageClient.Tasks.Task`1.ExecuteAndWait()
   at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StorageClient.TaskImplHelper.ExecuteImplWithRetry[T](Func`2 impl, RetryPolicy policy)
   at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StorageClient.CommonUtils.d__0`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at Microsoft.Samples.ServiceHosting.AspProviders.TableStorageRoleProvider.RoleExists(String roleName)
   at System.Web.Security.Roles.RoleExists(String roleName)
   at WP7CloudApp2.Services.MembershipWrappers.RoleProviderWrapper.RoleExists(String roleName) in C:\Users\techfox\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\WP7Learning\WP7CloudApp2\WP7CloudApp2\WP7CloudApp2.Services\MembershipWrappers\RoleProviderWrapper.cs:line 77
   at WP7CloudApp2.Services.AzureTablesHandler.AddPermissionToNewTable(String tableName, String userName) in C:\Users\techfox\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\WP7Learning\WP7CloudApp2\WP7CloudApp2\WP7CloudApp2.Services\AzureTablesHandler.cs:line 254
   at WP7CloudApp2.Services.AzureTablesHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in C:\Users\techfox\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\WP7Learning\WP7CloudApp2\WP7CloudApp2\WP7CloudApp2.Services\AzureTablesHandler.cs:line 82
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)