Change Website to run with ACS

Nov 17, 2011 at 10:59 PM

I am trying to change the website that comes with this from forms auth to use azure ACS. There is some plumbing in the code I need to change for sure but the main issue right now is that I cannot get the federation to work at all. I always get the follow error as soon as the site fires up and before it hits any of the application code. So it is a pipeline error I just cannot figure out what. I have been messing with the web.confg for awhile with no luck.

Agian I am trying to get the website to use ACS not the phone.

ID0006: The input string parameter is either null or empty.
Parameter name: value

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: ID0006: The input string parameter is either null or empty.
Parameter name: value

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: ID0006: The input string parameter is either null or empty.
Parameter name: value]
   Microsoft.IdentityModel.Web.WSFederationAuthenticationModule.set_Issuer(String value) +283
   Microsoft.IdentityModel.Web.WSFederationAuthenticationModule.InitializePropertiesFromConfiguration(ServiceElement element) +111
   System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +575
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +352
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +407
   System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +375

[HttpException (0x80004005): ID0006: The input string parameter is either null or empty.
Parameter name: value]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +11686928
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +141
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +4863749