Cloud deployment doesn't work

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:29 PM
Edited Mar 29, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Hi,

I have created a new service based on the toolkit. I am using ACS for authentication. Everything is working just fine on the development fabric. Even when the development version of the project is bound to the real SQL azure and cloud storage account. But when I deploy the app to the cloud, I cannot get past the log-in screen. I keep getting not-found exception from the server in the callback from the call that is supposed to verify the user is registered.

Based upon what I read, I figgured it might be because of the SSL certificate. I use the self signed certificate at the moment. But I've done just everything about it right according to the deployment manual in documentation of the toolkit here on codeplex. Does any of you have any idea how to solve or at least further investigate the problem? The exception I get from the server is pretty dumb and I can't make any sense of it. It's just: "The remote server returned an error: NotFound" in several nested inner exceptions.

I have heard about the app called cert installer, but I don't understand how it can help me. The toolkit app can installs the certificate itself, doesn't it? Isn't the cert installer just some project that solved issues prior to mango, or something?

I should also point out the the management website running on the same role using the same certificate is running just fine.

Thanks for any sign of help

Tomas