This Toolkit is now deprecated and is now
The Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows Phone provided developers with the first iteration of support for building backend services for Windows Phone apps using Windows Azure. The main areas of feedback we received from mobile developers was that they
wanted a turn-key set of services for common functionality such as notifications, auth, and data.
Windows Azure Mobile Services directly reflects this feedback by enabling developers to simply provision, configure, and consume scalable backend services. The downloads for this toolkit will be removed on the week of Feb 1st 2013 and all future improvements
will be channeled into Windows Azure Mobile Services rather than this toolkit.
To get started with Mobile Services,
sign up for a Windows Azure account and receive 10 free Mobile Services.
This section describes the software requirements for running this toolkit.
You must have the following components installed to run the project templates and the sample solutions included in this toolkit:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional (or higher) or both Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2010 Express and Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Express for Windows Phone
- Microsoft ASP.NET MVC 3
- Windows Phone SDK 7.1 Release Candidate
- Silverlight for Windows Phone Toolkit
- Internet Information Services 7 (IIS7)
- Windows Azure SDK for .NET – November 2011
- Windows Identity Foundation Runtime
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Express (or higher)
- Entity Framework 4.1 Code First
- Internet Explorer 9 (or any other modern Web browser supporting HTML5)
The Configuration Wizard included with this toolkit is used to check the dependencies and install the VSIX files with the project templates.
To launch it, browse to the root installation folder, and double-click